About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen Tidewater is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our Service Area –  The Tidewater Affiliate’s services area covers the 22 cities and counties of southeastern Virginia.  Accomack, Chesapeake, Franklin, Gloucester, Hampton, Isle of Wight, James City, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Newport News, Norfolk, Northampton, Northumberland, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Southampton, Suffolk, Surry, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg and York. Thanks to the thousands of people who participate in the Komen Tidewater Race for the Cure and other Affiliate events each year, dedicated corporate partners and generous donors, Komen Tidewater is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community, county, and region.

Through events like the Komen Tidewater Race for the Cure®, Komen Tidewater invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.