Health Fairs | Speaker Requests
Our dynamic Speakers Bureau and Health Fair volunteers are specifically trained to represent Komen Tidewater at health fairs and educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We ask you to request for speakers, health fairs, and educational materials four weeks in advance. We will do our best to meet your requirements.
Health Fair/Speaker Requests:
- Requests must be received at least four weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
Please note: until you submit the official request form and receive confirmation– your event will not be added to our volunteer opportunities calendar.